DIY: Floral Arrangements
So… You’re in charge of planning a party. There’s a million different things to do, and plan for – how to decorate your space, who to invite (and how to invite them), the menu, the drinks, the décor, and so much more!
Believe us, we know the struggle.
Designing, producing, and hosting a party is more work than you’d ever expect from just attending them. As you plot and plan, you remember so many more details that still need to be done, flowers to buy, and food to prepare… Time flies by, and so does your budget – right out the window.
If you’re trying to keep your event on a budget but don’t want to sacrifice any details or skimp on quality, we’ve got you covered with tips for how to stretch what you’ve got to get you what you want.
For today’s post, we’ve compiled DIY flower arrangement tips that will help maximize the beauty of your party – and your budget. Rather than risking boring, wilted, last minute store-bought bouquets, or spending a fortune on a florist, you can create your OWN floral magic in just a few simple steps!
Before getting started, consider these questions first:
- What is the vision for your party? Is it for a holiday, is it themed, are there traditional or seasonal flowers associated already?
- What colors are you going to incorporate in your event?
- Where will you be setting flowers throughout the space?
- Do you want a mixed arrangement? Variety of flower types and colors – you could also deconstruct and separate mixed bouquets to use for this!
- A monochromatic one? Variety of flower types, all in a similar color
This will help inform the amount, type, color, and style of arrangement you’ll put together.
Now you’re ready to envision and execute the floral arrangement of your dreams. Go forth and get your flowers!
Once you have them, get ready to trim, style, and arrange.
- If you bought a variety of flowers, or some mixed bouquets to deconstruct, separate by different types and sort them out. Mix as you like, and choose vases or containers that will compliment or contrast the flowers you selected!
- If you are using a few different types of flowers in the same color range, mix them when styling to give the arrangement more character, while still creating a cohesive look.
- Don’t be afraid to play with height! Cut stems at varying lengths to create appeal and intrigue – especially if you’re creating an arrangement for a table centerpiece or another focal party point. Playing with stem height will add a lovely dimension to your DIY arrangements, with the flowers looking natural yet lively.
Also – be sure to trim any leaves that may come in contact with water to prolong freshness.
Playing with stem height like this will add a lovely dimension to your DIY arrangements, with the flowers looking natural yet lively.
Also, be sure to trim any leaves that may come in contact with water to prolong freshness.
We hope these tips are useful and help to save you some time, money, and stress when planning your next party.
If you have a specific event production or party planning question, please leave it in a comment and we will work to answer it in a future blog post for you!